Friday, January 12, 2018

Life Lately 



The Since Christmas it has been crazy, or should I say since November 7! Let’s start with November 7 because I think that was when the craziness began at least for me
In September we have decided that we would host Thanksgiving this year. That entails having all of Jim’s family down from New Jersey for the long weekend as well as other family members coming for the day. In a nut shell it’s a big undertaking but we were up for the challenge.


 Fast forward now till October when I found out that I needed to have surgery on my elbow and wrist. They scheduled it for November 7 which meant it was going to be tough for me to have Thanksgiving. Nevertheless, with Jims help and the kids we decided to go ahead and have it.


November 7th came and went. The surgery went well but the recovery was much more painful and longer then I had anticipated. A couple of days before Thanksgiving I started feeling crappy with a bad cough and low-grade fever. I stayed out of the kitchen as much as possible which was hard for me but between my arm and my coughing it wasn’t where I needed to be. By the time the long weekend was over I was not any better so I return to the doctors for the second time to find out and I had developed pneumonia! It took three courses on anabiotic‘s to finally kick it and almost ended up in the hospital.


Meanwhile, Mitchell picked up any and every bug known to man and missed a lot of days of school before and after Christmas. Within a three week period he had four different viruses and or infections! Of course I ended up catching one or two as well. You have to LOVE this time of year!
See the source image
I finally just got all the Christmas decorations down which is so depressing to me! The house always seems so cold. Plus, It has been super cold outside with the temperatures some days not getting out of  the teens! I'm not complaining, it is winter in Pa!


Unfortunately, Jan 30, I am having the exact same surgery on my left arm that I had on my right. I am not looking forward to it, but It will be good to have it all over with by the time spring and summer roll around and not be in pain daily from it!


So that's really all that is going on and has been lately here. Same old same old which is totally FINE with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!







2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So sorry that you have to have the same surgery on your left arm now. I hope that surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete