Friday, March 11, 2016

I'm Officially a Gilmore Girls Fan

Since we spent a week in the hospital, Taylor and I decided we would finally take Jessica's advice and start watching Gilmore Girls. I have always teased her about her obsession with the show that she has watched at least 50 times over. I couldn't imagine what made this show so great! So there we were hooking the TV up to Netflix the first day we were at the hospital ready to experience our first Gilmore Girls episode. I have to say I really didn't expect much...


Image result for gilmore girls

Lorelai and Rory Gilmore are a mother and daughter living in small town Stars Hollow, Connecticut. They talk super fast, are addicted to caffeine and junk food, constantly reference pop-culture, and are best friends.

As we watched episode after episode we started to understand why people like this show so much. Who wouldn't love to live in a small town like Stars Hollow, where they have festivals for every event or holiday in their own town square? Where everyone knows one another and cares about each other. A 'Cheers' type of cafe where you can eat or have a coffee and just sit and chat. A town without crime, litter, or selfish people, but of course not without a little drama.

I know it's just a television show, but I wish there was such a place as Stars Hollow, as I'm sure most Gilmore Girls watchers do. 
  
So a week later and we were already at the end of the second season. Now, a week later and I am at the end of the third season. Taylor, however is already in the middle of the fourth season and is totally hooked!

There's just something about this show that keeps you coming back for more. Maybe it's because our lives are so busy and complicated that it's nice to have a place like Stars Hollow to go, even if it's only for an hour!  

4 comments:

  1. I love Gilmore Girls!! I binged watched it on Netflix too, it is wonderful and a nice way to escape from real life for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayy! It's such a fun show. My mom & I watch it together, too! I lived in CT for a few years and went on a GG "tour"- the writer visited a small town there- Washington Depot- and that's what inspired the show. There are a few sites online where you can look up the locations and compare- the coffee shop, the inn, Chilton. The real town really is as cute as Stars Hollow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you guys finally decided to watch! I've been telling you for years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and I watched it a few months ago. I'm already feeling like I want to rewatch it at times. I love when I catch an episode on tv. I really do want to move to Stars Hollow.

    ReplyDelete