Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Adopt a pet or buy from a breeder???

I am going to touch on a very sensitive subject of which  I am honestly SICK of hearing about! Adopting a pet from a local shelter or buying one from a good responsible breeder???


I have gotten my pets from both and both were a good experience. Our kittens were from someone who found them and we took one or two over the years. Our 14 year old dog was from a rescue and honestly has had a lot of anxiety and gets stressed very easy but is and has been a GREAT DOG!

We have always had dachshunds that we get from small breeders that we know. That way we were able to meet the mom and dad and see they were all kept clean and safe and were most of all healthy.  I did try adopting a dachshund years ago, but it didn't work out. She was aggressive and had potty issues

Image result for dachshund puppies


I don't understand why people insist on throwing there opinion on others on this matter. There should be such an argument pertaining to all the kids in orphanages oversees or in foster care here in the USA. How many of these avid thinkers care as much about all the kids in the world that don't have clean water or food???
Image result for i don't want to hear your opinions

Don't get me wrong, I love the good rescues do for pets and we support them financially several times a year, but please don't give me a lecture because I decide buy my pets elsewhere.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of adopting from a shelter, but I also think to each their own :). We got one of our cats from a pet store and one from a shelter, although if I were to adopt another pet, it would be from a shelter.

    ReplyDelete