Sunday, January 1, 2017

My thoughts and hopes on 2017

  
vintage 80s 1980s happy new year peanuts

I for one am glad 2016 is over. So much hostility between law enforcement and communities, crazy election reactions and retaliations resulting from disagreements! For my family, we have seen our share of heartache and medical issues.

I have always loved the New Year. Its a time of change and new beginnings and a fresh start to old habits. Its a hope for brighter tomorrows and leaving last year in last year!

I could sit here and write all the cliche things about my resolutions but the fact is I know that so many of these things are out of my control. Yes, I can control what and how much I eat, how much I exercise and other obvious things, but the things that really really matter, are so much out of my control. How do we control our loved ones health, bad decisions, money issues etc.

My resolutions this year are simple...Pray more, love more, listen more and believe in a bigger power than ourselves. For me that is God.

Happy New Year Everyone!

2 comments: