Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Snaz up your master bedroom for under $150

Unfortunately, my diet didn't get off to a very good start. I ended up getting the stomach virus the day I started along with several other family members! I recovered fairly quickly but it lingered for a long time for Mitchell. Between me being sick and the stress involved, I decided to restart it this week...

The virus was quite violent and when it was all said and done I felt like the house was a germ zone, especially my master bedroom where the sick congregated and things literally got thrown up on! YUK!!!!

After it was over I went into overdrive and cleaned the house and the bedrooms. I tossed out some things and scrubbed and sanitized others. I decided this was a good time to spruce up things a little in our bedroom. So I went on the hunt.

cleaning clean movies clean up cleaning up

I was NOT looking for new nightstands but ended up finding two cherry ones on our local yard sale site.  They are from Bombay Company and in almost perfect condition plus they match the other furniture in there! The lady only wanted $30 for both!!! SCORE!


Next since I have these new table my old lamps just would NOT do. I wanted a matching set.  I decided to check out The Christmas Tree shop first. Immediately I found the ones I wanted and they had pineapples on them of which I love. They were reasonably priced at $30 a piece so I snatched them up as they were the last two. 



So now that I had them I just needed a new comforter and maybe a throw pillow to match. 
I wasn't even looking there but when I went food shopping at Walmart there was one I LOVED on the end cap and ONLY $34.99. SCORE!!!!  On the way home I stopped at Home Goods and found a cute throw pillow to match the room and bed for $20. I do have white pillow shams ordered to complete the bed.




Now I would like to get some type of throw for the bottom of the bed and also a new fan as ours is old and does not match. This last minute master bedroom update is thanks to the stomach bug but I love the new look! 



2 comments:

  1. Looks really good! I need some new throw pillows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Homegoods has a TON of them to choose from but they are NOT cheap!

      Delete