Friday, November 13, 2015

Last Minute Painting Project

Happy Friday

Loving that it is Friday! Today I am finding myself looking around the house for a project to do this weekend as I will be inside most of it with Mitchell still recovering from his surgery. I don't decorate for Christmas yet so that's out!  The last project I did was painting my coat/bench rack in the laundry room. It was a super last minute project inspired by a picture I saw in a magazine of almost the exact piece in a color I loved. So as I was inspired at the moment, I went to the paint store and got the stuff and began. 



I am a firm believer in Sherwin Williams paints. I also worked there for three years.  They have a line that is great for painting furniture so thats what I used. 

First, the part I hate the most, taping and removing hardware. This was hard because of the glass in the top. 

Second, Priming the entire thing. I used Sherwin Williams All Purpose Primer. 

Third using the right paint for furniture is KEY! I like either All Surface Enamel or Proclassic. I choose to use semi-gloss as it was already glossy and it holds up better that way.



I carefully painted the entire piece paying special attention to the edges and bottom. I used a foam brush so there would be no brush marks. I had to do two coats besides the primer because it was such a light color going over the black. This was a very, very,  light green.

After I was done I carefully removed the tape and put the hardware back.



Here's the finished piece! I love the color in my laundry room. It matches better with my decor and it brightens it up quite a bit.

Now to find a NEW project to do this weekend! Watch out Sherwin Williams here I come Again!

Have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Come help with my new pantry this weekend! So fun, haha

    ReplyDelete