Monday, November 16, 2015

Our Famous Fireplace/Mantle

Happy Monday!

Who doesn't Love a Fireplace to decorate!


We moved into our home in July 2007. We moved from Maryland to Pennsylvania and just about doubled our square footage and quadrupled our yard for just a small amount more a month!  We were thrilled! Well, everyone but a few grouchy teenagers, but that is a story for a different post.

The house was only about 12 years old but hadn't been lived in the entire time as the family was transferred and hoped they would be moving back to PA. The house needed some updating, fixture changes, painting, new curtains, and just things I could NOT live with for too long like red carpet in the family room and what I thought was a BUTT UGLY fireplace. We immediately had the house painted, got new shades, curtains and rods. We also got all new appliances as theirs were from the 80s, ugly as sin, and didn't work great!

There was NO money left to get new carpet or  fireplace updating...or anything else for that matter! 

After five years we finally got rid of the RED CARPET!!!  And finally, last fall, my husband started working on refacing what would become known as The "Famous Fireplace"!!!

Christmas was rolling around and he was putting the final touches on the fireplace. I could hardly wait to see it complete and to decorate it for Christmas!
Finally it was done!!!

 It turned out WAY better than I could have dreamed of and that very same day it was decorated and put on display for all to see on facebook.  I was so proud of the work and diligence my husband put into this project.

Why is it famous??? 

This fireplace became famous because I have been known to find ANY reason to take a picture of it and post it online. NO, I honestly don't brag or boast about material things but I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my fireplace.
Now, people wait in anticipation for me to post that season or holiday photo of the fireplace decorated in all its glory. Its become a bit of their joke, but I love it anyway!





1 comment: