Thursday, November 5, 2015

One of the best days of my life

Today is my little mans 12th Birthday.

 Mitchell was and still is a miracle in more than one way. See I was only 26 weeks pregnant when on a hot summer afternoon I got up from a nap and felt a gush of fluid. I knew what is was and I knew it wasn't good! So began a long 2 1/2 month hospital stay on complete bed rest and lots of close calls!

My due date was December 5th but with the risk of infection growing with every day my Dr decided once the lungs were developed we were inducing! That day happened to be Nov. 5th, 2003!!!   With any  pregnancy there is such anticipation but with these two and a half  months of what I would consider a semi - nightmare, our anticipation was through the roof!

During labor I had an epidural that went out of control and made even swallowing tough. That was discontinued as his heart rate plummeted several times! Finally it was time to deliver and as I was pushing his heart rate was crashing fast. Luckily I am an awesome pusher and he was out in NO time. The doctor held him up and said,  "this kid is one miracle after another, he has a DOUBLE knot in his umbilical cord"! This is usually only seen in devastating circumstances!!!!

Our little miracle was here weighing in at 6lbs 6ozs and 19 inches long one month early!

Mitchell's first Christmas 2003

Mitchell this morning with his new Barcelona sweatshirt

Mitchell excited about his new soccer rebounder

Sometimes life sends you curve balls and this was one of those times. Through our faith, patience and awesome doctors we now celebrate Mitchell's 12th Birthday! Trying never to forget the gift of LIFE!!!



1 comment: