Monday, December 21, 2015

Deck the Halls With Christmas Balls

How to Decorate with Glass Ball Christmas Ornaments

This years theme for decorating seemed to be Christmas balls. From wreaths to garlands, it's just a great way to do some traditional decorating! I think I went a little crazy with them but it was fun and looks so pretty!

The family room is decorated with a large wreath over the fireplace. I got the wreath at a rummage sale for $3, bought the balls at Walmart, and made it all for under $35. I threw some extras on the mantle to make it come together a bit more and I made a smaller ball wreath for the middle window.

The mantle is decorated with various textures and colors along with nutcrackers. I also have two nutcrackers standing on either side of the fireplace. I stood them on some decorative boxes to give them a little more height.


The Christmas ball theme continues with the garland going up the stairs. I made this two years ago and also incorporated some ribbon around it to give it more flare and visibility. It looks so pretty especially when lit up. I hate to take it down at the end of the season!


In the dining room I decorated the china closet with garland; this time it has pine cones, Christmas balls, and ribbon with lights.


The plates are Avon that my mom collected through the 70's and me in the 1990's  The middle one is from 1973! 


The porch is decorated with an old sleigh decorated with greens, pine cones, berries, balls, and a big bow, compliments of my teenage daughter who makes them for me.


Lastly, the front door has a huge wreath also decorated with Christmas balls and various other things. It matches the wreaths that are on the windows outside of the house.

So Christmas balls was my theme this year for decorating. Next is the rest of the house and the other decorations some new some old. 

What was your decorating theme this year?

1 comment:

  1. Looks good!! Deck the halls with balls and balls! Even Jaxson got a ball pit to play in.Lol

    ReplyDelete