Monday, January 11, 2016

Guest Post by my hubby Jim!

January 10th but still no winter. The cold weather has stayed away much to my liking, but my wife was hoping for a white Christmas. Oh well, different year, different weather.  I remember when I asked her not long ago where she would like to move some day and she said Vermont, which contrasted significantly with my choice of Arizona and the big Saguero cactus.

In the 8 years we have lived here I think we have had four very snowy winters and four not so snowy winters. I remember six years ago we had a lot of snow, rain and cold after so that the back yard slope was ice crusted and very slippery fast for sleigh riding. Mitch, six at the time, remembers being in the front of the toboggan  (the old 1974 vintage wooden model) with his siblings in between and me in the back grabbing onto and dragging our ex-Christmas tree, to slow us down. Mitch had goggles to keep the snow from getting in his eyes and I remember trying to walk up the icy hill dragging the tree and toboggan behind with the kids jumping on it to slow me down even further.  I tired fast, but not Mitch who still remembers it with a smile. The kids loved going super fast down the hill, while I made sure we didn't collide with any trees, often by flipping us off the sled before hitting a big pine.
FOX Sports: Watch. Enjoy. Repeat. day fun snow way
I know soon there will be snow here in the near future but for now I am enjoying the green, well brown grass of Pa.
Have a great Monday

1 comment:

  1. Haha OMG I wish it'd snow again like that this year! But I probably shouldn't go sledding this year! You know me, I usually end up getting hurt!

    ReplyDelete