Saturday, January 23, 2016

Thankful in the blizzard

As I woke up this morning and looked out the window I wasn't surprised at the 15 inches that fell overnight as the Blizzard of 2016 is in full swing! After its all said and done we are suppose to have 2 to 3 feet!
As I sit here in the warmth of my home I realize there are policemen, firefighters, nurses, paramedics, doctors etc. that have to be out in these conditions. There are also people in the hospitals alone because their loved ones can't get there to be with them.

Being in the PICU with Taylor last February during a snow storm, to them it was business as usual. I was amazed that there was NO talk of the weather or how the nurses and doctors got there, they were just there doing there job. I believe these are the people who SHOULD be making the big money, the ones that risk their lives to be at work and put your mother, father, sister, brother, or child as the focus not the weather. If you have ever had to rely on any of these people for you or your family you know what i'm talking about.
I pray none of us ever have get help from these people in a bad situation, but if we do its so nice to have them and know they are there. Please keep all of these people in your thoughts and prayers during these times as you never know when you will be relying on them!

Keep safe everyone!


1 comment:

  1. We are lucky we don't have to be anywhere! I love looking out at the snow

    ReplyDelete