Saturday, January 9, 2016

My Favorite Movies

I don't like the movie theater to much. I think it's to expensive, and dirty, plus I would much rather watch a movie in the comfort in my own home. The last movies I've seen in the theater were The Help and the original Titanic and i'm not kidding!

Image result for movie reel

I am not going to include Christmas movies in this list. 

When Harry Met Sally 
 I think this movie is the absolute funniest ever! Its a romantic comedy  about two college graduates Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan that ride from Chicago to New York City in 1977 and argue whether men and woman can ever really be strictly platonic friends. Then ten years later they meet again and attempt to stay friends without sex becoming an issue with them. They have adorable and funny interludes throughout the movie of old married couples and their real love stories.

 tv when harry met sally

You've Got Mail
Another romantic comedy with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks. Meg Ryan is a struggling boutique bookseller that hates the owner of Foxbooks, Tom Hanks, who just opened across the street. When they meet online, they begin a anonymous internet romance not knowing eachothers  true identity. Eventually Joe learns that the woman he's been involved with is actually his business rival. He struggles to reconcile his dislike for her and comes to love the cyber woman he feel in love with.
 This is a must see. I love the music and the New York feel of this film!

tom hanks meg ryan sleepless in seattle youve got mail

Sleepless in Seattle
Yet another romantic comedy with Meg Ryan. An architect, Tom Hank, loses his wife to cancer leaving behind him and his eight year old son Jonah. A year later Jonah, who wants his dad to be happy and find a new wife, calls a radio talk show and explains what is going on. Hundreds of woman from around the country here him and are touched and send letters to him convincing them that they are the woman for him. I won't tell the end but it is such a chick flick that you must see!

sleepless in seattle true love story

A beautiful Mind
Image result for a beautiful mind
This time not a romantic comedy! This is a drama that is inspired by events in the life of John Forbes Nash Jr. He is a Princeton graduate student who is a mathematical genius who made an amazing discovery early in his career and got international acclaim. He soon found himself on a painful journey of self-discovery. I really can't explain it any better without giving a lot of information away. This movie keeps you awake and on the edge of your seat. This is also a movie that you can watch over and over again and pick up something new!

Bridges of Madison County
This is a romance about a photographer, Clint Eastwood, is on an assignment to shoot the historic bridges of Madison County. He meets an Iowa housewife, Meryl Streep, whose husband and kids are away. She is a lonely Italian immigrant who has given everything to her husband and kids .They  have a four day affair and realize they are soul mates that have met too late in life.  This is definitely a chick flick!

Image result for bridges of madison county

So there you have it, my top five favorite movies. I have to say The Father Of the Bride was almost a tie with them.

What are your favorite movies?



5 comments:

  1. I've never seen Bridges of Madison County!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen Pillow Talk? With Doris Day? That's one of my all time favorite movies... It's pretty much You've Got Mail, but before the internet :) And I wish I wasn't a movie theater person... my thighs would love it! But I just love the popcorn and previews too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I haven't seen that but have heard about it! I will have to see if I can find it on netflix. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven't seen that but have heard about it! I will have to see if I can find it on netflix. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete