Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Goodbye decorations and my mom

Happy Hump day! We are now home from the hospital with my daughter and shes feeling much better!
 I am looking around at all the Christmas things still up and feeling very overwhelmed! My plan, before Taylor got sick, was to take things down this past weekend and well that didn't happen. I love all of the Christmas decorations I either inherited from my mom or collected over the 29 years of marriage, but WOW It takes forever to put them up and even longer to take them down. Also, its so fun to put them all up and for me kind of depressing to take them down.


Its 8 degrees this morning here in Pa. Winter has FINALLY arrived after a 65 degree Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! Mitchell, despite the temperatures, hates to wear a coat. You would think I am trying to get him to wear a straight jacket or something. Also, he is super particular about what coat he will wear. It can't be bulky at all. Well, when its 8 degrees the coat needs to be a bit bulky or you will freeze your but off Mitchell. He can down yesterday morning with a short sleeved shirt on with a sweatshirt over that and was heading out the door. I stopped him and handed him his new Abercrombie, a tiny bit puffy coat. You should have seen the seen that happened trying to get him in that. I struggle because they say to pick your battles, but come on this should be a no brainer!
winter movie christmas coat a christmas story
January 4th marked 7 years ago that I lost my mom. It is always a very hard day for me with some very vivid memories of that day. This year I was so preoccupied with Taylor in the hospital I didn't really have time to focus on it as much which is honesty a good thing.

My mom was was my best friend. I talked with her every day several times a day. She was present for the birth of all of my kids. She was an expert baby holder and loved her grand kids. She loved her sweets, even though she was a diabetic, she didn't let that stop her. She loved to eat out and if we went out somewhere the first question would be where we were going to eat that day. She loved Taco Bell! She loved to shop and was a QVCaholic, especially at Christmastime. She wore her favorite perfume every single day, and believe me, everyone east of the Mississippi could smell it! Everyone loved my mom, she was funny and honest but most of all she was just a good soul. I look at Taylor who remembers her a little and Mitchell who was only 4 when she died, and feel bad they won't have this goodhearted soul in their little lives. There's nothing like a grandparents love, someone who you know will love you no matter what and will always be on your side. That was my mom and she will be missed every day!



My goal in my life is to be the best mom and grand mom I can be. I was fortunate enough to have a awesome role model so I am way ahead of the curve! 

1 comment:

  1. I want to leave my decorations up for two more weeks!! And I love that Christmas Story gif! I miss Grandmom too, she was the best!

    ReplyDelete