Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Easiest Crab Soup EVER

Image result for chilly fall weather

Now that its getting chilly, I start pulling out my favorite soup recipes. One of my all time favorites is Maryland Crab Soup . This was my moms go to recipe that she got from her mom. Growing up in Maryland, I am a connoisseur of anything with crab, especially soups and crab cakes. When we moved to Pa, I was horrified at what they called "crab cakes"! I guess i'm spoiled that way but that has forced my hand to never order anything crab in Pa.

Mitchell loves my crab soup and requests it every chance he can. For his birthday I made a double batch which hardly fit into a 6.5 qt crock pot! We had it for two nights and its always better the second night! The best part about this recipe, besides the taste, is that it is super easy!

Maryland Crab Soup

Maryland Crab Soup

1 Large Can or bottle of V8 juice
1 large bag mixed veggies (I use Weis brand Lima beans, corn, green beans, okra, peas, carrot blend)
3-4 Large potatoes, cut up
8 oz. lump crab meat (Not claw or canned)
Old Bay to taste (I use several tablespoons)

Put everything in pot or crock pot and cook on stove for at least an hour or crock pot for 4-5 hours on high. Add more old bay then if necessary. Serve with warm crusty bread and a large salad.

Enjoy!

1 comment: