Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Image result for snoopy thanksgiving

Where has November gone? Its already the day before Thanksgiving! Today I am doing one of my favorite things and that is baking. I hate cooking but love to bake! I am making a pumpkin pie and roll, an apple pie, a pecan pie along with pumpkin and cranberry bread. Now the trick is keeping it away from the family so I don't have bake even more before tomorrow!
Image result for snoopy thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my absolute favorite holidays. First off, the food is the best of any holiday hands down. The weather is usually perfect, not to cold and not too warm.There's no gifts to exchange just family to exchange conversations and maybe some political talk as well. The long awaited annual Macy's day parade is on! Its the day before Black Friday and the official start to the holiday season which means Christmas movies will be on most of the day! Oh, and more holiday commercials too!!!

As we sit at our Thanksgiving tables I hope we can realize how extremely lucky we are to live in a such a great country. Where we have freedom and we can safely sleep without a  war zone going on outside our doors. Where we have the right to vote, and also the right to protest. I hope I can remember to count all my blessings big and small and acknowledge even the simple pleasures being one. Life and everything in it is a miracle... Remember we can see life as it is or as we see it through our eyes. One of my favorite quotes:
 “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ~ Melody Beattie

Image result for there is always something to be thankful for

I'm not sure exactly what it is but there is just an overall GOOD feeling I get when I think about Thanksgiving. Maybe its the cool crisp air, the beautiful leaves that have fallen from the trees or the the smell of fireplaces burning. I know for me its the entire package that Thanksgiving brings! It is the one day that I sit down, and just be Thankful for so everything and anything while I am surrounded by everyone I love and who loves me. Really, what could be better!

I hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!









1 comment: