Monday, November 14, 2016

How to make a Holiday wreath out of a pool noodle

Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend. We had a super relaxing one so I ended up getting a lot of odds and ends done. Slowly I am trying to prepare for the holidays by making wreaths and doing a little bit of shopping also.

Has anyone heard about pool noodle wreaths? You start with a pool noodle or two, some ribbon, decorations, and a glue gun. Super simple and cheap!

Image result for pool noodles wreath

I was lucky we had a couple left over noodles in our garage otherwise they would be hard to find this time of year. If you want to make a big wreath you could put two together. I used Duct tape to hold the two ends together or two put two together to make a circle. 

I LOVE our dollar tree here. They have so many cute decorations to make a wreath and you save a fortune too! I picked up different size and color balls and ribbon. I also went to Walmart and got one pack of more fancy balls and some greens to put in as well. You could use whatever you wanted and make it as fancy as you wanted to.  Altogether I think I used around 55 balls.


First I wrapped the noodle with ribbon that way if there were holes or gaps you couldn't see the noodle. I used a glue gun and started hot gluing the balls to the noodle first, mainly the bigger ones then adding the smaller ones one the inside and outside of the noodle.

Image result for gluing ornaments to noodle wreath

After I situated the balls all around the noodle, I took my greens and stuck them around to fill some gaps and to give it some dimension. I didn't have to glue the greens down because they just pocked
 right into the noodle.

This a tedious but therapeutic project that takes several hours to complete. After about two hours I was finally done, It turned out great and it certainly doesn't look like it started with a pool noodle!



I think the entire project cost around $25. I can't wait to get a matching ribbon and hang in over our fireplace down in our club room! 



6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it! Crafts like this are so much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You!I love making crafts especially at Christmas time!

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, this looks GREAT! It didn't look like a pool noodle at all! I am so impressed! I think I need to make one of these for our front door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You! I'm on a roll now, I want to make another one! LOL

    ReplyDelete