Thursday, November 3, 2016

People I remember

We all had those people and times of our lives we remember more than others. I often wonder where these people are now and if they ever thought I would remember them or them me 25, 30, 40 years later.

My second grade teacher, Ms. Neighty was one of those people. She was just one of those teachers. The kind that made you want to learn. The kind that made you love school, and the kind that made you feel smart even when you struggled. She did all the extra little things that make her just stick out in my mind. I can't ever remember her shouting, I only remember the smiles and cheerfulness she filled the room with. I was lucky enough to have her two years in a row. See my birthday was in Dec.so I was the youngest in my class and by far the smallest. My parents decided to hold me back in the second grade. The only problem is they forgot one little detail and that was to inform me, the one that was being held back! I remember like it was yesterday, Ms. Neighty sweetly explaining it to me in the hallway when I told her that they accidentally put me in her class again. I was so confused and she was completely shocked that I didn't already know! We became very close after that and we kept in touch for many years until she moved out west with her new husband.

Image result for teachers make a difference

Image result for scottie dogs
My neighbor, Mr. Keesler. He lived a couple doors up from us when I was young. For years he would let me come over every day after school and on the weekends to walk his dogs for him. He had three adorable scottie dogs that I loved like they were my own. He and his wife always welcomed me in for cookies and milk. I would stay for hours playing with the dogs and talking with them. They didn't have any children of their own so I was their "pretend" daughter they would say. I went back to the neighborhood years later to find they had moved. I will always remember them as kind nice people that went the extra yard to make me feel special and welcome in their home.


The last person that comes to mind for me is another teacher. He was my ninth grade German teacher, Mr. Forester. He was the kind of teacher that all high school kids should have! Once again, he made learning fun and somehow he managed to be respected by all students he taught. He had a heart for everyone and did whatever he could for them. I am still in contact with him through Facebook and still talk with him here and there.

Image result for you made a difference in my life
Its amazing who you can impact in your life with just kindness and taking an interest in someone. I would love be able to make a difference in someones life!

2 comments:

  1. Aww Mrs. Neighty sounds so sweet! I still can't believe grandmom and pop pop did that to you lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, it's so nice to sit back and remember good people that have made an impact.

    ReplyDelete